CALL US NOW ON: 0203 582 4273


Non-Material VS Minor Material Amendment Applications

It is sometimes necessary to amend development proposals after planning permission has been granted. There are two types of amendment applications you might need to submit: non-material and minor material. In my experience, you might not know which one to submit, which is why I’ve decided to write this blog.  

Read More

Designing Your Home – Part 3.1: Planning and Building Control

  In my previous blogs I wrote about the creative process, the client-architect relationship and design stages. This next mini-series blog is a bit more technical and speaks about Planning Permission and Building Control. What is planning permission? Construction of new buildings and extensive changes to existing buildings usually requires consent from the local planning authority in the form of planning permission. This planning system is designed to control inappropriate development. When do I need planning permission? Anything that involves the erection…

Read More

Building Regulations – the bits homeowners need to know

The new Building Regulations dated 31st October 2012 are statutory requirement by which you need to comply with for your home extension or renovation project.  They impose certain functional and performance requirements and you should employ an Architect, Surveyor, and or Structural Engineer to provide drawings and structural calculations for submission or support of your building regulations application.

Read More